April 24th, 2018
Well Mother Nature is finally behaving! The sun is out, people are walking about and outside terraces are being filled up. I searched for three delicious cocktails that will lift your spirits and put a bounce in your step.
Classic New Orleans Hurricane:
- 1 cup of light rum
- 1 cup of dark rum
- 1 cup of passion fruit
- 1/2 cup of orange juice
- 1/4 cup of lime juice
- 1/4 cup of simple syrup
- 1/4 cup of grenadine
- oranges and cherries slices for garnish
Mix well all ingredients in a container except for the orange and cherry slices, pour mixture over ice into hurricane glasses. Garnish each glass (if you want) with orange and cherry slice…and voila… drink and enjoy!
Rum Orange Swizzle:
- 2 oz of white rum
- 1 oz of orange juice, fresh squeezed and strained
- 1 raw sugar cane cube
- 1/2 ounce Maraschino liqueur
- 3 dashes of Angostura bitters
- crushed ice
- cherry and orange slice for garnish
Put all ingredients into a Collins glass or if you don’t have one, a regular tall glass will do. Stir the sugar cube with a bar spoon until its dissolved. Fill the glass with ice and “swizzle” or stir the contents with the bar spoon until mixed and frosty. Finally garnish (if you want) with orange and cherry slices.
Cherry Blossom Tini:
- 1 1/2 oz of Gekkeikan Sake
- 1/2 oz of Cointreau Orange liqueur
- 1/2 oz of cranberry juice
- Splash of fresh lime juice
- 2 dashes of orange bitters
Combined all the ingredients in a shaker full of ice, shake well. Pour contents into a chilled cocktail glass and garnish with a cherry blossom (if you can find one) and you are set!
- New Orleans Hurricane cocktail was found on http://www.spiceblog.com
- Rum Orange Swizzle cocktail was found on http://www.jellytoastblog.com
- Cherry Blossom Tini cocktail was found on http://www.cocktail.wikia.com
AS ALWAYS PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY