October 31st, 2018
This month I have a trick or treat for your palate. Three tantalizing cocktails to make you holler at the moon.
Poison Apple Martini
- Black lava salt, or coarse black sugar, for rim (optional)
- 1/2 cup apple cider.
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- 2 ounces vodka or apple vodka.
- 1/8 teaspoon activated charcoal for coloring (could also use black food dye) (optional)
- Dry ice (optional)
Bat Berry Margarita
- Combine tequila, lime juice, blackberry syrup, and orange liqueur. Adjust to suite your taste.
- Run a lime wedge on the rim of the glass, and dip the rim of the glass in granulated sugar. Add ice to the glass and pour in the margarita. Garnish with blackberries and slices of lime. ( For this occasion you can rim the glass with black salt and add coloring and garnish with bat wing cocktail spear).
Dark and Stormy Death Punch
- 1 can lychees in heavy syrup.
- 1/4 c. thinly sliced peeled fresh ginger.
- 16 brandied cherries.
- 1/4 c. superfine sugar.
- 1/2 c. fresh lime juice.
- 12 oz. dark rum.
- 3 bottle ginger beer.
- ice cubes.
- In a small saucepan, bring the lychee syrup and ginger to a boil. Remove from the heat, cover, and let steep for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stuff 16 lychees with brandied cherries. Set each lychee in the cup of a mini muffin pan or in an ice-cube tray. Strain the lychee-ginger syrup and pour it over the lychees. Freeze until firm, at least 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a pitcher, stir the sugar into the lime juice until dissolved. Add the rum and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Unmold the lychee ice cubes into a small punch bowl. Pour in the lime-rum mixture. Add the ginger beer, stir gently, and serve in ice-filled glasses.
AS USUAL PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY
FYI: Cocktails found on http://www.thesalonnaire.com